Monday, March 2, 2009

Beware the eyes of March

Speaking of eyes, Haley stepped on her glasses last week. Her $400 glasses. That's $200/eye. As in, "eye eye eye!"

Get it?

So now her glasses are crooked and the lens pops out. The poor girl had them on for 10 minutes yesterday before she realized that the lens was gone. And she was wondering why her eyes hurt.

She may be the first child in history to need Lasik before age 10.

In other news, she is COMPLETELY GROWING UP BEFORE MY EYES and it is happening WAY TOO FAST. Her reading has gotten super good and better (as my grammar gets badder and worse) and she is just a barrel of monkeys to be around.

That is, until 5pm or so. That's when Little Ms. Jeckyl becomes Horrible Ms. Hyde. OMGWTF? If you blink too loud, she'll do a big dramatic sigh and stomp off into her room screaming, "Fine! Whatever! Nobody likes me!"

Then, after dinner at 6, she's back to nice ol' Haley. It's like she goes HULK SMASH for about 20 minutes.

I'm trying to work on her with it. I ask if there's anything I can do (the answer is always, "hug." Not "I need a hug," but simply, "hug."). I tell her she's in control. I ask if blinking too loud is something to BLOW HER STACK about.

I think she knows, but she just hasn't grasped control of those emotions yet.

It makes me fear for puberty. God help us all.

No comments: