Thursday, March 19, 2009

Temptation...

Haley's school had a fundraiser tonight. The school's classes all created artwork for people to bid on. Some moms also did some desserts to put up for auction as well.

Marci made a fishbowl cake. It was pretty awesome. She spent about 3 hours on it and here's how it looked.


On my way home from work tonight, I got a call from Marci. Evidently after finishing the cake, she went in to take a shower. When she came out, all the Nerds candy on the bottom of the cake were gone.

She asked if Riley ate them. He said no. She asked if Haley ate them. No answer. She asked again and Haley gave her standard "I'm busted" response:

"I'M SORRRRRRRY!!!!" followed by tears and hysterics.

Marci, needless to say, was quite hurt by the whole thing. Here she'd spent all day creating this beautiful cake, only to have Haley come by and mess it up a little. Luckily, she had more Nerds and was able to finish it again, but I think the bigger issue was the disappointment in Haley as we all know that Haley knows better.

When I got home, I didn't say anything to Hay because I knew she'd just freak out, but when I tried to talk to her about it later, she would just say, "I don't want to talk about it."

All in all, it was kind of funny (to me, at least), and Haley didn't have a good reason as to why she munched on all the Nerds. Marci's cake was the hit of the fundraiser and sold for about $35, I think.

No comments: